Haver Analytics provides this website as a convenience to its customers and the public. By using this site or the information, data or materials provided, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
The content from or through this site is provided on an “as-is,” “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, including, but not limited to, express and implied warranties of merchantability, title, quality, fitness for a particular use and non-infringement. Haver Analytics uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up–to–date information on this website; it does not, however, make any representations or warranties as to its accuracy or completeness. Haver Analytics periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the information and documents on this website without notice. Haver Analytics assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information available through this website. Commentary with bylines represent the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Haver Analytics or its management.
This site contains links to information outside of Haver Analytics website as an additional resource. The linked sites are not under Haver Analytics, and Haver Analytics is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link. Haver Analytics provides these links only as a convenience.
Reproduction of any information contained herein may be made without limitation as to quantity, provided it is not distributed for the purpose of private gain and is appropriately credited to Haver Analytics or its respective publication. A courtesy copy of the publication containing the cited material may be forwarded to:
60 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10165
Haver Analytics does not permit the use of its name in advertising, as an endorsement for any product or for any other commercial purpose.
- If you are a California resident please see the “Privacy Addendum for Data Subjects in California.”
- If you are a data subject in the European Union, please see the “Privacy Addendum for Data Subjects in Europe.”
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
- Information Collection. This section will discuss what type of information is collected. This includes categories of information that (1) you provide to us directly, and (2) is collected by us automatically.
(a) Information You Provide Directly to Us. You can browse our site without providing personal information, but you must register in order to access most of the features of Service. Certain personal information—such as an email address—are required to create an account. You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
The following are categories of information we collect and have collected directly from you in the last 12 months:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, company name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service (such as in reviews).
- Job Applicant Data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
(b) Information Collected Automatically. We automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect and have collected in the last 12 months includes:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
(c) Information From Other Sources. We also collect information from other sources. The categories of sources we collected information from in the last 12 months include:
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Use of Information. This section discusses how collected information is used by Haver. We collect this information for a number of business purposes including to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages.
The categories with respect to our business purposes for using information include:
- Operate and manage our Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities.
- Conducting research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improving the Service or other Haver websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services and requesting your feedback.
- Developing and sending you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes (e.g., your orders) at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Sharing of Information. This section explains our sharing practices with respect to information collected.
- Service Providers. We share information with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. We may permit our service providers to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations. We also may share information with affiliates for commercial purposes.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Your Rights and Choices. You have rights and choices with respect to information that relates to you, however such rights will vary depending on the category of information, and the subsequent use of such information. This section further describes your rights.
(a) Account Information. You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. European data subjects and California residents have additional rights as set forth in the addenda entitled “Privacy Addendum for Data Subjects in Europe” and “Privacy Addendum for California Residents” below.
(b) E-mail Communications. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or by contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
(c) Children’s Privacy. Our Service is generally not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from anyone under the age of 13 in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, please contact us through our Help Center. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable law.
We do not “sell,” as that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, the personal information of minors under the age of 16 who are California residents. If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the Service, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the Service. To make a request, email us at the email address set out in “Contact Us” section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
(d) Data Security. Haver uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to investigate the situation, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations, and take other steps as appropriate. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the Haver Service, such as social networks. Haver is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Privacy Addendum for Data Subjects in California
- CCPA. These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
- Notice of Collection. In the past 12 months, we may have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases, your subscription and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Service, your academic content, and performance data.
- Geolocation data, including location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
For more details on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the Information Collection section. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the Use of Information section, including to provide and manage our Services.
Haver does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in the Analytics and Advertising section as a “sale,” we will comply with applicable law as to such activity. We disclose the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data and inferences. We may use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the Sharing of Information section for more detail about the parties we have shared information with.
- Right to Know and Delete. If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your request to know or delete.
- Right to Opt-Out. Haver does not sell your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, however you have the right to opt-out any contemplated sale of your personal information at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Authorized Agent. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
- Shine the Light. Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
Privacy Addendum for Data Subjects in Europe
- Legal Basis for Processing. In the European Union (“EU”), the purposes for which we process your personal data are:
- Where you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers or partners;
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you for the Service;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in the EU.
- Data Transfer. If your data is collected in Europe, we will transfer your personal data subject to appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses.
- Your Data Subject Rights. If you are located in the EU or Switzerland, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data that we hold:
- Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data.
- Right to portability. The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one organization to another.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and direct marketing.
Please note that we retain information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If your personal data has been processed by us on behalf of a business customer and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal data, please inquire with our customer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our customer on whose behalf we processed your personal data. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.