Our latest research webinar, “Is Stagflation Back” is now available for on-demand viewing.
Senior Economists Sandy Batten and Andy Cates compare the current economic environment with that of the stagflationary 1970s to ascertain if the global economy is currently experiencing stagflation. They conclude that it is not and provide some economic indicators to follow going forward for signs of stagflation. More importantly, they posit that stagflation is not the biggest risk currently facing the global economy—a turn to too restrictive economic policy is.
· Stagflation defined
· The supply shocks of the 1970s
· Global economy not likely experiencing stagflation now
· Analyzing unemployment and inflation numbers
· Inflation forecasts and falling consumer price pressures
· Making a case for whether stagflation has returned
Duration: 22 minutes