Our latest research webinar, “Geopolitical stress and secular scars” is now available for on-demand viewing.
Senior economist Andy Cates examines some of the key channels via which the current conflict in Ukraine are likely to exert a global economic impact. In addition he assess some of the longer-term secular shifts that recent events, including the conflict in Ukraine, but also the COVID pandemic, might invoke.
· Commodity price channels
· Financial market channels
· Trade and confidence channels
· Policy responses
· Heightened defence spending
· Increased investment on renewables
· The trend toward de-globalization
Duration: 17 minutes